1. More Magazine is my pick!! I used to think it was for "old women" but then I became one of those so called "old women" and thought I should give it a try. It's for the fabulous and over 40 woman and I've been reading it a couple of years before my big 4-0 to better understand some of my clients. What they were facing with fashion, beauty and self-esteem. Reading this before my 40th made turning 40 that much more exciting! This magaizine is about being amazing in your 40's and beyond. Embracing your age, dressing sexy, being sexy, taking care of yourself and so much more. This is the magazine that the first moment I take it out of the mailbox I'm flipping through it. It is now my gift to friends turning 40. It's embowering with great information.
2. Real Simple. Love everything about this magazine. I feel like it covers everything. Fashion, food, health, beauty, and household ideas.
3. InStyle. A good stand-by. I like the section where they break down a style trend into your 20's, 40's, 60's. I think their beauty advice is great and the style section's good too. Different price points for everyone and not overly trendy.
4. Harper's Bazaar. You have to look at it with a skewed eye. Most of us can't afford $1,000 for a t-shirt but I like to know what's in and out and this is a great magazine to do that.
5. Us Magazine. I love magazines about celebrities. Ok, I've said it. I love reading about other people's lives (which may be why I'm addicted to anything on Bravo with the title "Housewives of ..."). Just a fun, quick, mindless read. Used to love People Magazine, but too many "feel good" stories and when you want to read about the celebrity world you don't want to read about ordinary people doing great things. Well, I don't anyway.